Love mushrooms, love cheese, love this! These little stuffed mushrooms go well with steak or chicken and are equally delicious just on their own as a starter.
Dolcelatte cheese is used to stuff these mushrooms; it’s lovely and creamy and packs just the right amount of punch. Dolcelatte was actually made up for the British market as a sweeter tasting and milder smelling alternative to Gorgonzola. There you go, a cheesy fact for the day!
Mushrooms stuffed with Dolcelatte
– 4 Portabella mushrooms
– Olive oil
– 75g Dolcelatte
– 25g breadcrumbs
– Small handful of spinach, chopped very finely
– Extra virgin olive oil
– 20g Parmesan
– Handful of rocket
– Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 200°/Gas Mark 6. Destalk the mushrooms and brush them lightly all over with olive oil.
2. In a bowl combine the Dolcelatte, breadcrumbs and spinach. Use a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to make a paste.
3. Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture before topping with a fine grating of Parmesan. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and they’re done! Serve with some rocket and another drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.