“What cheese do you use to hide a horse?”
Never gets old.
Anyway, here’s a really easy and speedy dessert of Honeyed Figs with Mascarpone. I love the seedy texture of figs and they just look so pretty. They’re also really good served with italian ham and buffalo mozzarella but that’s a whole other blog post!
Honeyed Figs with Mascarpone
– 2 Figs
– 2 teaspoons light brown muscovado sugar
– 1 teaspoon of good quality honey
– 2 heaped tablespoons of mascarpone cheese
1. Cut your figs into quarters but only cut through 3/4 of the way into the fig from the top. Fan the fig open.
2. Sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar over inside of each fig. Put on a baking tray and grill for a few minutes until the sugar has caramelised.
3. Load a tumbler with the mascarpone. When the figs are ready lay on top of the cheese. Then just drizzle your honey over the figs and serve. Simples!